Snap Franchisee Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TrueStar Health

4 posters

Go down

TrueStar Health  Empty TrueStar Health

Post  dklvw Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:36 pm

Truestar is a network marketing (aka multilevel marketing or MLM) scheme. In other words, it's a pyramid scheme with a high priced product, thus making it legal. I'm not against this per se because some mlm companies are worthy, but the vast majority are crap and fly-by-night. I can't speak for the quality of their products or their price-point (does anyone ever admit to selling crap at expensive prices?). However, it might work in Snap club's, IF it's only marketed as a distribution system and NOT as a recruitment mechanism. This assumes that they offer quality products at reasonable prices.
I bought into Snap because I liked their fitness club concept (ie. exercise), not because it's evolving into a nutritional supplement distributor. What are your thoughts on the latest initiative to boost revenue sales?

dklvw

Back to top Go down

TrueStar Health  Empty Truestar Health

Post  clintonct Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:13 pm

I am skeptical of MLM also. I have spent a lot of time today reading the ingredients of the Truestar products and comparing with the ingredient labels on the vitamins and supplements that we currently take. I can say that their products were as good or better than anything we are currently taking. However, they are definitely pricey. We will be using them ourselves and promoting them in our club but not sure how successful we will be.

Also, the Truestar link that is now showing up on our club website is a definite concern. When you click it, you are given three options. You can enter your personal or club ID # and you or the club will get credit; however, there are two other options "none" and "other" and from what I can determine if someone clicks either of those as they are most likely to do, someone else other than you or the local club will get credit for any resulting sales. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

clintonct

Back to top Go down

TrueStar Health  Empty Re: TrueStar Health

Post  Braunto Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:47 am

I really don't like MLMs. I've been approached by a multitude over the years. After researching each one, I don't really see any upside. You're basically buying product to create a second job for yourself. Most of your time is going to be spent recruiting and training others, rather than selling product. I'd rather just focus on my own business that I have now than create a second one.

I also question some of the claims they make. They claim to be "five star rated", but who is doing these ratings? Also, I believe there is a minimum monthly purchase, which I don't care for. Just seems like more hassle than its worth. I would like to offer supplements to members, but might just buy some from a local wholesaler instead. At least then I'll know up front about the pricing and not have any additional obligations.

Braunto

Back to top Go down

Post  Morals Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:19 pm

You can bet ol' Pete's getting his "cut" from this also. Love capitalism, but he's managed to turn it into something ugly and selfish.

Morals

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum